Shakespeare by Stages: An Historical Introduction
Author: Arthur F. Kinney
File size: 2 Mb
File type: PDF
In this engaging text, Arthur Kinney introduces students to Shakespeare’s plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
* Introduces students to Shakespeare's plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
* Focuses on the material conditions of playing and of playgoing.
* Covers venues, audiences, actors, society, government and regulation.
* Each topic is considered in relation to a selection of Shakespeare's plays.
* Shows students how the plays and the context in which they were produced illuminate one another.